Sunday, May 24, 2009

House hunting - Bummer

Pretty sure I haven't mentioned we've been house hunting lately, btu we have. My hubby and I finally found a house tha twas just what we needed and made an offer on it. Just last Sunday actually I faxed in the contract and monday morning we heard that the bank approved our offer... Needless to say we were tickled pink and looking very forward to getting the show on the road! Wednesday rolled around and we were waiting on the contract to be ratified.... it's Sunday now and we just got back from looking at another house. This one we are not going to make an offer on. :-s. BUT the lady that's working with us, is going into the brokers office, above the guys head who is supposed to be helping out the seller and getting his house sold ( I forgot to mention, this is a SHORT SALE house ) - and not leaving with them until she has answers. Cause this guy has been jerking our chain and saying the first thought that's come to mind, but not emailing her any documents er anything, so this house, may not even be able to be a short sale - in which case we may be waitin gon the house to foreclose and watch it go out of our price range. le sigh. I suppose this process may be more frustating but I just say it's taking. :-(. Anyone having issues or looking for a home?? I hope your search goes well! :-D

4 comments:

  1. Wow.. it's been a year or 2 since I looked for a house. I recall our house, how we found it, loved it but had a hard time negotiating for the right price :) But overall it was an experience.. learn alot about negotiation management :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Piggy! - yeah my husband is really good at holding his ground when it comes to negotiating - I just hope that this house doesn't go into foreclosure - seems that would mean it's also going out of our price range. :-s - But hope springs eternal that we will be able to get into a house that suits us sometime this year! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. O boy, do I wish we were looking. Soon though as by next June (2010) we need to be in our own home. I keep watching all those HGTV house hunting/curb appeal shows in preparation, lol.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the search goes well... You are one step closer to the dream home!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...