Saturday, April 10, 2010

Struggling with the scale?

I recently read a post by a girl who is well over 200 lbs and by all accounts sounds like she has been taking the right steps towards losing weight but not nearly fast enough as she would like... I offered this encouragement and wanted to share it with others.

As always, thank you for reading!

Roar!!!!! The scale is not our friend some days is it?? We want it to show all the effort we have put in has paid off and a smaller number to show it's face and smile at us... so what do we do when it refuses to move, or even decides to go up?!?! Do we falter?? Heck yes! But who has the last word? You do! Every day you decide to make those smart choices, everyday you decide to drink your water, and everyday YOU (and only you) decide you're going to hit the gym, the pool, or whatever your heart desires to "work it out"! You look forward... not back dear! You keep on keeping on because although those numbers may be saying one thing.. your body may be doing another.. it may be water weight hanging out or better yet, it may be some lean sexy muscle trying to show up and it will weigh more than fat my dear! Do not make friends with the scale love :) make friends with your ipod, your fruits, your veggies, your machine or workout dvd of choice :). I wish changes happened over night for you, I wish it were easier, and I wish it didn't have to be a thought. But you will meet your goal love! You will! Hang in there and keep looking ahead... great things are on their way dear... beyond what you can think or imagine. hugs to you! ~Dawn

3 comments:

  1. OMG... you brought tears to my eyes! (((((((((((((((DAWN))))))))))))) I think you might have intended this post for me, but if you didn't, it spoke straight to my heart anyway! Thank you sooo much! You have no idea how much encouragement like this means to me. I actually envy you with your running, and you are the biggest thought that pushes me to run that last block when I go for my walks! Thanks so much for the love and encouragement, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have posted this online before, but this won't be the last:
    Always give yourself credit for your successes and even your efforts regardless of how small they seem; large changes are often the sum of many small steps.

    To TheHappySoul: you definitely have a lot for which you should give yourself credit. Just imagine how wonderfully far you could be just by keeping all this up! Instead of doing nothing, you're doing something. Yes, realistically, the journey of weight loss is an arduous endeavor at times, but just remember: many small steps! Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so imagine the pain that goes into getting to loose wheight but it just doesn't work, or not as quick as you want or... Your reaction is so sweet and heart lifting, I hope your friend gets a positive feeling out of it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...