Saturday, June 15, 2013

Because He who was able to save us...

...did so at Calvary. You and I can be free.

(No copyright infringement intended - please let me know if you know the source of this image - thank you)

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. ~John 8:36



A few years ago I was on my way home from some venture and I stopped on this song, it was playing the latter part of the song as Kirk Franklin sings about the weights of the world that bring us down... and then say's they're gone.. all gone. Though this part of the song is not very long it moved me... and then the song ended.

It ended and I was in tears thinking, "Hey! I want more reminders!" ^-^

The reminders of what we've been set free from were so comforting I vowed to find this song so I could have it to remind myself when thoughts of what I'm not, or not quite, come knocking on my minds door.

This morning I wanted to play some Christian music and Pandora was just not cutting it. I remembered the gone, gone, all gone song, went to the internets and did some digging and some wordsmithing... and as grace would have it, found it :). I had thought the song would be titled "Gone" - apparently that would have been *too* easy ;). I like that this song is titled Imagine Me, because too often my mind likes to imagine me in irrational situations and then the day is laced with fear. This is not me walking in freedom (obviously) but I do have the freedom Christ died for and I can walk in it, and in the times that come (oh and they will ;) ) when I just don't see how I can make it through, I can press on, leaning more into Him and let him carry me through.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6 

Truly the battle is in our minds, it's there we take a stand and decide one way or the other, to rely on ourselves, to hope in ourselves or trust in an all knowing and ever loving God who wanted to be with us everyday of our lives. Every day. Never leaving or forsaking us. Loving us enough to send His Son to die for us. And not just a quick death, but a long and painful one. :s I don't have kids, but hello, that's a pretty crazy offering. Just saying ;). 

I share all this to say, I choose joy, I choose peace, I choose Christ. I choose freedom. 
Let's get back to that.

Imagine me...^-^


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...