Monday, June 24, 2013

Chicken Salad Salad Recipe

*nom, nom, nom...*



Okay - so if you eat Paleo less any dairy this is not a recipe for you. However, if you still incorporate dairy have at it! :)

Chicken is delicious - I'd go so far to say it's not only my favorite white meat but it's meh favorite meat. I grew up on hamburger and pork primarily. There was at least one year that dad purchased half a cow for the family! ^-^ It was good eatin' let me tell ya :D. Whenever we'd go out to eat though I'd usually get something with chicken and since I do like it so much, it's what I feed my family today :). It's pretty lean and it's tasty...so...

I put about 5 - 6 lbs in the slow cooker for about 5 hours on low Saturday...  I put them in the fridge overnight and come Sunday... used some of it to make this chicken salad. I prefer cooking chicken in the slow cooker since it heats the breasts slowly and they remain tender. This recipe was adapted from a chicken salad recipe from treasure cave cheese recipe that came with the smoky flavored blue cheese I purchased. :) They have some tasty recipes!

Chicken Salad Salad Recipe:

Ingredients:
 1/2 cup mayo
 1/4 cup sour cream
 1/4 cup Smoke flavored crumbled blue Cheese
 1/4 tsp black pepper
 1/8 tsp garlic powder
 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
 2 stalks celery, finely chopped

Optional:
 Iceberg Lettuce
 Spinach
 Walnuts
 Dill Pickle

After breaking up some iceberg lettuce and laying a spread of spinach ontop I put a few tablespoons worth of the Chicken Salad on the spread, broke up some walnuts and tossed them on top too! 


                                    I decided I might want some more crunch and flavor... 
                             so a 1/4 of a dill pickle spear is probably a good idea! Amiright?! :) 


I really appreciate how quickly this recipe worked up and how work lunch friendly it is too! 
I hope you like it! Please let me know if you tried it! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...