Wednesday, September 18, 2013

♪♫ Homemade Salsa & Chicken sittin in a Crock Pot C-O-O-K-I-N-G! ♫♪



♪♫ First comes tomatoes, then comes onions, then comes chopped jalapenos with the garlic powder! ♫♪

♪♫ That's not all! That's not all! They've been marinating for hours! ♪♫

Yes indeedy! And for good reason! I put them there. There in that crock pot, with those ingredients! I bet by the time you get through all the pictures and make this recipe for yourself, you'll be glad I did!...just sayin :) ;). Last night my sister and I were in the kitchen for a while mixing up some cheddar jalapeno burgers with guacamole with sunnyslideup's recipe (which was amazing!). As we chopped, minced, measured and poured ingredients I decided to put together a crock pot recipe for today using some of the same ingredients. I knew I wouldn't have a whole lot of time to cook tonight seeing as I'd only have about 20 minutes after work to get something thrown together, this is when I look to my crock pot to lend me hand. Can I just say when it comes to chicken in a crock pot, it's delicious and tender?! I'm glad fall is nearly upon us, I have a feeling I'll be getting more acquainted with the crock pot very soon...and chicken... more chicken!

Homemade Salsa & Chicken

What you'll need:

5-6 chicken breasts
2 - 10 oz Cans of Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles
2 Chopped Jalapenos
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
1/2 Yellow Onion Chopped
A handful of cilantro sprigs

What to do:
1) In a medium size bowl mix all ingredients except the chicken & cilantro. Once mixture is thoroughly blended set aside.
2) Place chicken breasts in the crock pot.
3) Add mixture to the top of the chicken, make sure to push the mixture in between the chicken breasts as well. Top with cilantro sprigs.
4) Set crock pot to KEEP WARM if you think you'll be gone more than 6 hours. If you are making this during the day and you're around the house setting your crock pot to LOW for 4 hours should do the trick.
5) Serve chicken warm with some of the salsa mix on top. Recommended additions are guacamole, sour cream, cheese or all three! ;)

NOTE: The chicken and veggies cooked down a bit leaving a spicy soup after all the chicken and salsa was eaten. I saved this "spicy chicken stock" by freezing it and plan to use it for a chili later on... just some food for thought. ;)

The chicken breasts are under the homemade salsa spread! 

8 Hours later the cilantro has wilted and added to the flavor, see how the veggies cooked down too! 


My husband wanted me to take a picture of him giving a thumbs up to the plate of chicken breast here - but we decided to omit his hand because it made the chicken look small lol and we couldn't have you thinking these were tiny chicken breasts because they weren't! ;)

I hope you enjoyed the recipe! Please let me know how your family enjoyed this! I always appreciate comments and love hearing from you guys! 

Happy Cooking! Be safe out there! ~Dawn

*****

Looking for more Low Carb soups or crock pot recipes? 
Since posting this recipe I've started a foodie blog! 

Find more low carb SOUPS HERE. 

Find more low carb CROCK POT RECIPES HERE. 

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...